Junior- Mid UX Designer Needed For an Innovation Hub
Junior - Mid UX Designer for Global Financial Service Client in London – Up to £45,000
If you are a UX designer with over 12months experience and are ready to take the next step in your career by working within a innovation hub on some exciting projects including Artificial Intelligence and wearable tech , then this could be the role for you!
My client is looking for a Junior-Mid UX designer to join their team on a very exciting and busy journey that is shaping their digital future. This financial giant is engaged in various aspects of the enhanced banking world including epayments, corporate & investment banking, wealth management and personal banking. This is a chance to work within the design and digital office that provides our client with innovative and market-changing solutions and ideas to meet their customer’s needs. They are currently working towards breakthrough digital propositions that will ensure they attract new customers as well as retaining existing customers and clients.
The range of projects is vast; from being instrumental in designing a new platform that will be used by 150,000 people as a market place for innovation and ideas to native and transactional mobile apps and physical products. Keeping an eye on the ever changing digital landscape the team does R&D work around the next generation interfaces, looking at how AI (artificial intelligence) might supersede touch and screen based interfaces.
The Role as Junior - Mid UX Designer
As a junior – mid weight UX designer your focus will be to help create and shape the user experience across their full digital offering including on and off screen interactions, wider context and experience.
- Working collaboratively with the UX team to get a deep understanding of customer needs and business objectives, whilst also working closely with Visual Designers and outcomes to be delivered.
- Helping to set the direction and raise the bar of quality of user centred designs.
- User researching, testing and conducting interviews to develop insights that shape the proposition, experience, interaction patterns and design decisions.
- Create design concepts and prototypes that explore and address user needs and incorporate new functionality into the service in terms of UI and the wider contextual experience.
To be successful in this role, you will be a conceptual thinker with over 12 month’s commercial UX experience, including user research into your design decisions as well as being confident presenting your work, and your design rationale back to senior stakeholders.
- Previous experience working on mobile applications and services including launching mobile applications for at least one of the following platforms, iOS, Windows or Android.
- Professional knowledge of user testing methodologies as well as being fluent in relevant design tools such as Axure and Adobe CS.
- The ability to communicate ideas visually and produce engaging presentations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Confident in one-on-one, large audience and senior stakeholder interactions.