Interaction Designer for Digital Intelligence and Content Business
Interaction Designer for Digital Intelligence and Content Business in London – Up to £60,000 dependent on experience
I am looking for an experienced Interaction Designer to join a digital intelligence and content business based in Central London. You will be joining the product and design team as the first Interaction Designer, so you will make a big impact in this business and the team will be growing behind you.
Our client is a digital intelligence and content business that work with various industries including retail, healthcare and construction to name a few. They specialise in providing information, insight and analysis in order to influence and enable businesses to go further.
You will be working closely with the UX Manager who is focusing on key projects and growing the team. You will be creating beautiful and thoughtful digital products across mobile and desktop. Projects will vary from converting prospects to subscribers through making the customer journey less complicated and creating rapid prototypes to share with the business and iterate within an Agile methodology.
As the sole Interaction Designer in the team, you will also be creating designs for the mobile offerings across well-known brands, ensuring there is compelling, standardised user experience across the channels.
The Role as Interaction Designer
- Work collaboratively with the UX, development and content teams and senior stakeholders to create prototypes and high quality interaction designs
- Improve subscription services and drive engagement across the brands (visits and time spent)
- Design usable interfaces across desktop and mobile
- Use tools including Flinto, InVision, Keynote and Axure to rapid prototype
- Help to spearhead innovation within the team to flesh out the core products
Our client is looking for an experienced Interaction Designer with a minimum of 5 year’s commercial experience across various sectors. It is important that you have a strong sense of business, and you can talk about the rationale behind your design designs. A background in B2B publishing would be very beneficial.
- Relevant qualifications / degree in the field (Interaction Design, Product Design, Graphic Design, HCI etc.)
- Strong understanding of layouts and ‘call to actions’ and the impact these have on conversions
- Solid understanding of visual design principles, branding and techniques
- Ability to create interfaces through collaboration with UX Researchers, stakeholders and development teams
- Ability to use HTML and CSS to prototype.
- Portfolio showing your work on complex designs for app and web projects
If you are interested, please apply with your CV and portfolio as soon as possible as the client will start interviewing week commencing 7th March. The interview structure will be: telephone interview, face to face meeting, task (completed at home), followed by final interview.