Head of User Experience for Innovative product comparison Start-up
Head of User Experience for Innovative product comparison Start-up in SE1 – £95,000 - £100,000 + 10% Bonus
I'm looking for a Head of UX to lead and inspire my clients cross-product design team in improving our comparison products through customer focused design. The ideal candidate for this will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem
direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. You will excel at not only delivering highly analytical and creative ideas but in helping our team of UX and UI designers to do the same.
Are a well-known product comparison start-up who have recently been acquired by a group who intent on having a huge impact the property market through this key partnership. They’re based in amazing offices in South East London (SE1) with a real culture of innovation. As such they’ve hired an amazing team who are encouraged to challenge the status quo of what the product is at this stage and how it will integrate with the new direction the company is going in.
The Role as Head of User Experience
- Lead and mentor a team of UX and UI designers
- Architect the future of UX through user centred design and collaboration
with the design and product community.
- Ensure UX processes are being correctly applied and understood by teams
- Work closely with product managers, business analysts, developers and commercial
teams to develop market
- Lead inceptions and workshops
- Help define reusable interaction patterns and contribute to site frameworks and our
living style guide.
- Ensure functional and aesthetic consistency across all products
- Lead key strategic projects to drive success and demonstrate a user centred design approach, with appropriate techniques
- Develop new capabilities and approaches in research and testing (qualitative &
To land the role of Head of UX you will have;
- Experience as a previous head of UX or lead UX practitioner in a customer facing
- Proven team leader and design advocate from a commercial/product based
- Collaborative and a clear communi
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills and experience implementing innovative user
- Hands on experience working on high traffic, consumer facing products
- Comfortable and confident in an agile/lean environment.
- Experience with a variety of research techniques including user interviews, stakeholder interviews, competitive analysis, user journey mapping, usability testing, traffic / funnel analysis, multivariate testing
- Support design community in requirements gathering, storyboarding, information architecture, prototyping, and wireframing.
- Excellent stakeholder management, with a collaborative work style, strong interpersonal skills and able to work well in small group settings