Head of Delivery for a government organisation
Head of Delivery for a government organisation in Bristol – £500 - £700 per day
Head of Delivery | £500 – £700 per day
We are hiring a Head of Delivery to develop strategic department-wide solutions and forward planning for this government agency including building technical capability through the specification and creation of an inhouse engineering team.
- Creation of an in-house engineering team to deliver and transition users to the future deployed solution
- Specification of engineering tasks and delivery of design documentation, such as Service Design Packages
- Recruitment, tasking and mentoring technical staff
- Support the development of deployed – AS-IS; TO-BE and transition state Architectures.
- Support technical discussions with suppliers
- Resolve technical implementation issues and incidents
- Enforce technical governance to ensure quality of the delivery through execution of design and operational readiness reviews
- Contribute to the Defence as a Platform technical coherence session to develop the portfolio level transition states
- Provide assurance of changes to the live estate to ensure continuity of service
- Design and establishment of engineering delivery organisations across, design, development, test and release to service
- IT Infrastructure and applications, design and delivery
- Delivery of cloud platforms into limited bandwidth environments, including mobile
- Orchestration techniques and products (e.g. Ansible, Puppet).
- Data Centre Virtualisation techniques and products (e.g. VMWare).
- Application migration
- Security principles including, encryption and security of networks at iL3 and 5
- Technical management of multiple suppliers
- Delivery of IT services worldwide across multiple suppliers and geographic boundaries.
- Continuous Delivery Models (e.g. as DevOps)
- SC clearance is required
- VOIP telecommunications
- Remote access and mobile technologies
- Network technologies including SATCOM and optimisation
- Agile programme and project management methods (e,g, DSDM, Scrum or RUP)
- Understanding of the Defence Operating Model, and ISS’ role within the Front Line Command deployed operating model