Hand’s on CTO (PHP) needed for disruptive property start-up
Hands on CTO (PHP) for Disruptive property start-up in West London – £70,000 - £90,000 + Equity
A well funded early stage start-up are looking for a dynamic hands-on CTO to take charge of their products
A disruptive early stage start-up are looking for a driven and talented hands on CTO to lead their company to the next level, their vision is to be related with everything property from home renovation advice to recommendations of tradespeople and design inspirations – they aim to dominate the market.
They have a roadmap of products to release and have just launched their first flagship product, an intelligent marketplace that lets you hire recommended tradespeople for a home-related jobs. Users can book a tradesperson to visit their property with the knowledge that they’ve vetted by some London’s top luxury property developers. They have a plan to launch a number of related products in the coming 24 months.
The Role as Hands on CTO (PHP)
You will build and lead a team not only to run and improve the current application, but also to develop other products, which cross platforms including Web, Mobile, TV and VR. You are not only a manager, but are still hands on enough to get dirty with the code until you’ve hired a team of developers to allow you to focus on the strategy. You have to be able to work with the current stack with a focus on backend PHP – they’re currently using the Zend framework – but this can change to your preference in due course. You have a T-shaped skillset meaning you can mentor others in a variety of disciplines but have deep knowledge of a few.
You’re the type of charismatic individual that can not only inspire a team of developers but also catch the imagination of investors and thrive in a more fluid start-up environment. You could currently be a CTO of a start-up or an ambitious rising star looking to move onto the next level.
- Confident coding with LAMP stack
- Experience of working in a start-up environment
- A background of launching mobile apps
- Experience with Zend framework or another MVC framework (Symfony, Laravel, CodeIgniter)
- Familiarity with SOLID principles, TDD/BDD
- Proficiency in Linux and Windows server set-up and administration, database management and a strong understanding of system security (experience with AWS / Rackspace services)
- Ability to make strategic business and technology decisions
- Experience in implementing agile software development principles (training qualifications are a plus)
- A “people person” who can lead, manage and motivate a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues, investors and stakeholders
If you’d like to find out more apply now!!!