Front End Engineer for Product and Tech Media Group
Front End Engineer for Product and Tech Media group in Central London – £60,000 - £80,000
A Product and Tech Group is setting up a new London product start up to expand and develop new technologies within the publishing sector
It’s an exciting time to join a start-up as a Front End Engineer as they have only been going for 12 months with high ambitions and goals to compete with the biggest tech companies like Google, Twitter and Facebook – (they currently hold the top 5 most visited websites after Google and Facebook across Europe).
With a current reach to more than 200 million unique users a month the focus is on building complex data-driven products with rich but simple user interfaces. As a Front End Engineer you will be a part of a team that has a huge amount of design, tech and engineering knowledge and that have a track record of working on the best of the technology projects out there on the market – React, Redux, Hapi etc. If you’re intrigued, please read on…
The Role as Front End Engineer
You will be working on the core platform that runs a variety of their products, you will be building a raft of micro-services to power the new platform and leading edge apps. Delivering technologies such as; a dynamic experimentation platform, personalisation, real time messaging, deep customisations and client side deep learning networks. The team has a flat and collaborative structure but will require at some points to take a large amount of ownership to get things moving. They are in the midst a huge digital transformation across their 120+ companies and also developing innovative publishing products and technology that can be rolled out to many services.
As a Front End Engineer, you will:
- Take a hands-on approach to work across the entire engineering lifecycle from prototyping to production to testing and support of the finished product.
- Develop rapid prototypes quickly but deliver enterprise level production code that can scale to their large user base.
- Work with product owners and designers to prioritise and hone features.
- Be involved building new features and new applications but also tools to support experimentation, localisation and customisation.
You are fun and excited by all things digital especially the relationship between Design and Engineering. You have lots of industry knowledge to bring as well as the drive to want to learn more. This is a technology team and they want Engineers that are smart, intelligent and really driven to shape this new and exciting start up.
Key attributes of the Senior Front Engineer will include:
- Experience of developing for both desktop and mobile platforms.
- Experience with the Front end stack (HTML5, CSS3, AJAX)
- Expert with a variety of restful API’s
- Strong understanding of web performance, scalability and security.
Does this sound like a the role for you? Then I would love to hear from you. Please click apply button attaching a CV and portfolio/github link.