Freelance Digital Programme Manager (Business) for leading Publishing House
Freelance Digital Programme Manager (Business) for Leading Publishing House in London – £650 - £850 / day
Working in one of the world’s leading publishing houses, you will be liaising with the Digital Product / Project Managers and Technical Teams as well as the business transformation managers to ensure digital products are being delivered effectively as well as aligning with the business objectives.
This role is working within the digital team of a leading publisher in London. They have successfully evolved into a multi-platform digital operation that continues to deliver the highest quality journalism, setting the global news agenda. This transformation means that they remain ahead of their competition at the leading edge of the ever-changing media landscape. We also continue to be a brand of choice for the UK’s job seekers; recognised for our strong product offering which includes the top newspaper publications across mobile and applications.
This role is working in partnership with a Digital Product Manager and Technical Lead, to enable the Accountable Executive to lead the critical capability of the organisation to plan, prioritise and deliver significant programmes of change as authorised by the Senior Management Group. This individual will also work in partnership with business unit heads to ensure that proposals and plans are developed and delivered in line with overall business objectives. Constraints and issues will be surfaced, managed appropriately and will drive regular executive level decision making.
- Senior/Director level Project Management of commercial, customer facing Product Development preferably in a digital/technical environment – telco, media, social media, search engines, e-commerce, on-line stores etc,.
- Broad understanding of the business context, investment and planning processes and commercial environment.
- Extensive experience of delivering critical business led programmes from inception to completion in line with the agreed business outcomes (Benefits, Cost, Time, Quality)
- You will have demonstrable successful track record of delivery, working in partnership with stakeholders of a project team.
- Substantial proven experience in project management managing cross functional projects.
- Successfully developed interpersonal skills in circumstances where the key stakeholders have significant day jobs that underpin the commercial success of the organisation with associated time and commercial pressures.