Freelance Delivery Director / Head of Projects for award-winning Content Marketing Agency
Delivery Director / Head of Projects for Content Marketing Agency in London – £400 - £450 / day
This agency are content marketing specialist + online platform developers. They work with leading well-recognised brands from sectors including retail, travel and financial services, providing compelling content experiences across web, tablet as well as video. This Agency set up 4 years ago and has been growing from strength to strength over the years, winning a series of awards last year excellence in their field. Their success also involves winning numerous global accounts recently for example a global luxury fashion brand as well as a multinational technology company.
The Role as Delivery Director (Head of Projects)
The Agency currently does not have someone in the position of Delivery Director (Project Director) and have seen the need for this individual within their company. You would be working along-side a strong leadership team to create strategy on the delivery of their projects. This person will help set up formal delivery processes, create a projected project outline as well as be involved in resource planning and team set up.
There is currently a small project management / delivery team in place and you will be responsible for formally shaping a delivery process as the portfolio of the Agencies clients grows, including building of a project management / delivery team. You will be implementing a delivery process and strategy in keeping with the growth of the Agency, as well as looking what would be needed in a team to achieve this.
- Design the Agencies formal delivery process;
- Create strategy for the delivery team and wider agencies goals for the next 5 years’;
- Plan statement of Works and internal costs estimates for projects – planning how to monitor against costs;
- Resourcing/shaping a project management team beneath you;
- Advising on the processes for launching their content software – currently used by 2 of their global clients;
- Be able to act as team lead, being involved in leadership meetings as well as being hands on with certain projects and accounts.
They are looking for someone who is sharp and efficient with their work patterns, as well as being honest and transparent and have the ability to allow time to coach and mentor juniors in a productive way.
Although a content agency, content experience is useful but not essential. Essential experience does however include:
- 2-3+ years’ experience as Delivery Director / Project Director with Delivery experience within an agency setting;
- Experience with setting up delivery processes and strategy;
- Experience with end to end project cycles across digital platforms;
- You will have experience with tracking probability + writing Scope of Works + planning internal cost estimates;
- You will have developed a delivery process for either an internal team and/or wider organisation;
- Experience with managing a team and resource planning;
- You will have ideally have been hands on with projects;
- You will be a great leader – you will be able to mentor + nature a team underneath you;
- You will be very process driven + efficient.
This is the opportunity to join this growing agency where individuals have joined and stayed, and help shape it’s direction and progression.