Digital Product Manager
Product Manager for beauty start-up in London – £50,000 - £70,000 based on experience
e-commerce focused Product Manager for growing beauty start up
Founded 7 years ago, our client has a mission to change the way consumers discover and purchase grooming, beauty, and lifestyle products. They combine a monthly subscription service with original editorial content and a fully integrated ecommerce shop. Their platform provides their brand partners with an innovative and efficient way to access new customers.
With a team that spans software engineering, technical operations, product, user experience design, and data science they design and implement the best user experience for their customers; striving to revolutionize online retail. By evolving their software and systems architecture they are able to support a rapidly growing customer base across multiple countries and languages, and use data, complex algorithms, and statistics, to personalize the experience for their customers, both offline and online.
The Role as Product Manager
As the product manager, you’ll be responsible for developing the product vision and strategy for the UK as well as managing the entire product life cycle. You’ll work closely with the US-based design and engineering teams on a day-to-day basis, and interact with all business units throughout the course of a project. You will manage both customer-facing and internal product initiatives across the UK market.
- Drive product development through the entire development cycle, from concept & design to launch & evaluation in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Develop and prioritise the product strategy for your markets, producing roadmaps, user stories, tests and opportunity analyses across all of our digital touch points
- Work with multiple business teams including the other product managers to establish global feature requirements, define success metrics, coordinate deliverables, train and document internally, market as appropriate, and evaluate after launch
- Drive site conversion improvements and determine appropriate test opportunities with local business teams
- Help with the execution of day-to-day technical tasks and manage support tasks with the engineering teams
- Based in London the role reports into the MD and will require some travel to New York and Barcelona
The ideal candidate is a creative visionary who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and has a proven track record for leading the development of world-class e-commerce products. You have demonstrable experience working as a Product Manager within product led organisations and are well versed in conversion testing and analysis including proven growth initiatives. You have a strong understanding of current technologies and standards, and the ability to explain them to other business teams, as well as an ability to collect user feedback and understand customer pain points and next steps.
Your basic technical skills will include
- Understanding of HTML and CSS
- You can use visual tools to produce mockups/prototypes to explain your ideas
- Command Line: you know your way around in linux and the mac terminal
- Version Control: you have some experience using git, svn, or another version control system before
- Databases: you can write basic SQL queries to find the information you need