Digital Product Manager for a top charity digital team
Digital Product Manager for a charity in Central London – £35000 - £40000
This leading charity are hiring a Product Manager who will have a key role within the digital team. This is an opportunity to work in an ethical and conscientious organisation who work every day to make a difference. Their leading digital team are making waves in the nonprofit sector with their groundbreaking digital products and this is an opportunity to be a partof a team considered to be one of the best in their field. You will also be joining at a time of agile transformation and will be integral in spreading Agile best practice throughout the organisation.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Digital you will be responsible for the direction and use of digital technology within the charity. As the Product Manager you will develop and maintain a number of the digital products for the charities key audiences. Using agile methodologies, you will be responsible for defining the roadmap for the ongoing development of digital products to fit the charities digital strategy. You will be responsible for continuous improvement of products, UX and testing.
- Manage large and complex projects including the management of budgets, solving complicated problems
- Support the digital team and rest of the business with technical requirements gathering and project implementation
- Project manage digital development projects, allocating resources to projects and managing the roadmap for delivery
- Work with senior managers across the business to embed Agile and lean workflows and demonstrate how it can best support the delivery of products in their business areas.
- Day to day line management of two direct reports who will be responsible for the technical development and ongoing support of existing digital products.
- Lead the internal technical teams and manage outsourced developers in an Agile environment, overseeing the rapid development of prototype products for user testing
- Manage the development backlog
- Lead on UX research in the business to provide user insight into the charities digital products
- Develop user stories to aid the digital team in designing user focused products
- UX direction for new products creating wireframes and managing IA
- Working closely with the Content Strategist to develop taxonomy and ensure that digital content is delivered, incorporating best practice SEO into the website.
- Ensure that digital products are well designed, on brand and accessible to all audiences across a wide range of devices.
- Working closely with the Digital Analyst to ensure that the tracking and tagging of digital products work correctly and take action to improve products based upon relevant analysis.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Educated to a degree level with relevant work experience.
- Digital project management and product management experience within an Agile environment.
- A knowledge of Google Analytics and A/B testing
- Experience of line staff line management
- Experience with Drupal CMS and a basic understanding of HTML/CSS
- Experience of supporting digital products with hosting packages and domain management
- A strong understanding of online user experiences and customer journeys