Digital Planning Director for award-winning Global Digital Creative Agency, £90k-£120k
Planning Director for Award-winning Global Digital Creative Agency in London – £90k - £120k(+)
This Digital Creative Agency are seeking a highly-skilled Digital Planning Director to support one of their key accounts.
This global agency make inspiring and effective creative work that connects their clients’ brands with culture. They provide a whole host of services from analytics to strategy, ideation to production and distribution. They produce work across the entire digital spectrum; creative technology, web and mobile platforms and applications, video content, events and the odd digital OOH poster. They pride themselves on their great insight and creativity as well as having adaptability and analytical capability to drive great results.
The Role as Planning Director
This role is centred around a fundamental component to the Agencies processes, this is how they create campaign strategies that deliver their clients business objectives. As a Planning Director you will be responsible for understanding how their clients’ businesses work, how their brands our perceived and how to tap into what their customers want.
You will be responsible for the overall quality of planning across multiple client teams as well as having the remit to evolve the planning process at the Agency. You will improve the quality of ideas they deliver to their clients, having significant digital planning experience and a proven track record of delivering robust strategic work for clients.
You will also have a clear understanding of the role of data and analytics as applied to planning, strategy and assessment of communications success. You will also be central to guiding the strategic direction of the planning team in the Agency and putting them at the forefront of thought leadership in the industry.
Some Key Responsibilities Include:
- Overseeing the work created by Planners to ensure the quality of strategy, creative brief and ideas delivered in response to client brief;
- Leading creative briefing sessions and brainstorms when relevant, and evaluating ides in context of the strategy and creative brief;
- Working with data planners to deliver high quality research and insight and to shape strategic and creative proposals
- Presenting and selling strategies and ideas in client meetings to Senior Marketers and in some cases other agencies
Essential Experience Includes:
- Extensive experience, with at least 4 years’ digital or social communications experience;
- Experience of working within an agency setting recently (past 5 years);
- Proven track record of excellence in delivery of strategic communications plans for campaigns;
- Demonstrable knowledge of the broader communications marketplace and how different communications channels work together;
- Proven Senior client handling experience and competence;
- Clear understanding of the importance and value data and its application to strategic planning;
- Previous experience of leading, managing and coaching staff.