Digital Manager for Well-Known Charity
Digital Manager for Well-Known Charity in London – £30,000 - £35,000
This Charity is seeking an enthusiastic Digital Manager to work closely with their Head of Digital in the implementation of a large-scale digital transformation piece.
This leading charity in the UK utilises a volunteering programme to support a wide variety of charities across the country, with last year alone having over 1 million volunteer opportunities. Through their volunteering programme they have helped supported nearly 5,000 charities nationally, as well as supporting the volunteers themselves.
Last year, they had over 800,000 people visiting their website and because of this, and because of their target audience, the young and energetic, they want to ensure that they are at the forefront with their digital offering. They are therefore currently going through a large digital transformation piece, recently hiring Product Owners to really shake things up.
The Role as Digital Manager
This role of Digital Manager is for an enthusiastic and energetic individual who’s passion for digital will drive this digital transformation piece to the next level. Reporting to the Head of Digital, your role will involve working across many areas of the business, including; the digital project management team, the content team, paid media team, as well as liaising directly with stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work with the Marketing and Fundraising team to develop and deliver all areas of the digital strategy/digital roadmap;
- Work closely with the Marketing Lead, the Social Media and Digital Content Manager to ensure an integrated approach to paid, earned and owned media which supports the overall marketing plan;
- Lead on management of paid media and agencies charged with implementing PPC, SEO and other paid digital activities;
- Proactively work and communicate with colleagues across the organisation to promote a digital first approach within the business. Supporting them to understand the digital objectives and how these can be achieved;
- Support in the process of embedding lean and agile methodologies and championing co-creation and user-centric design;
- Digital project management – working alongside the Digital Development Manager to ensure efficient and effective delivery of platform development;
- Work across the Fundraising, Marketing & Communications and Programme teams to develop promotional plans to support programme activity. This will include social media, blogs, email and digital & social advertising;
- Co-ordinate usability testing for digital products and campaigns and use evidence based insight to optimise user experience;
- Act as the main point of contact and escalation for key internal stakeholders;
- As and when required, deputise for the Head of Digital in their absence.
This role of Digital Manager will be for someone who has experience of digital management across a business and is looking for a step up and/or more responsibility.
Essential Experience for the role of Digital Manager:
- Proven experience working within an in-house digital team or an Agency;
- Experience of overseeing or working with digital project management teams whilst working on larger-scale or more complex digital projects;
- You will have experience of planning or implementing digital strategy and/or roadmaps;
- Experience of managing external agencies, including design, development, paid media and SEO;
- Experience of user-centric design and working with UX teams;
- You will have worked on marketing strategies/plans and implemented these;
- Experience of working with content teams to produce engaging content, for online audiences.
It is not essential that you have experience within all of these areas, however you should have experience with most.
If you are interested in applying for this position of Digital Manager, please get in touch ASAP as the organisation is eager to book in interviews ASAP. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, as well as an outline of your current situation and job requirements.