Digital DevOps Engineer needed – Public Sector – 6 month freelance contract!
DevOps Engineer to work on digital transformation of public sector systems. for Public sector government agency in Westminster, London – £440 per day
An experienced DevOps Engineer is required to manage operations of Linux servers for a number of government bodies. Based in Westminster you will be responsible for delivering a complex web application stack; building and configuring new server platforms; testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems and supporting development teams with configuring applications for deployment.
- An understanding of common web application architectures.
- Experience in configuring and managing Linux servers for serving a dynamic website.
- Experience in debugging a complex multi-server service.
- Scripting or basic programming skills.
- Familiarity with network protocols – TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, etc.
- A strong technical foundation in build, release and environments.
- Passion for and ability to design and support robust build, deployment and configuration management systems for multi-tier Java J2EE & .Net applications.
- Installation and management of open source monitoring tools;
- Configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef;
- Deploying and configuring machines in a Cloud environment (EC2, Google App Engine etc.);
- Application deployment strategies and continuous integration; Networking concepts, technologies, and protocols (TCP/IP, IPSec, HTTP, FTP, DHCP, and DNS);
- Virtualization systems (VMWare, Xen, etc); Operations team experience; administering application servers, servlet containers, and web servers (WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, Jetty, Nginx, Mongrel, Microsoft IIS, Apache HTTP server, etc);
- Integration tools (Jenkins, Travis – CL, Go);