Digital Design Director needed for a Tech Savvy Publishing Start Up
Digital Design Director for Tech Publishing Start Up in East London – £80,000 - £85,000
This ambitious Start up are deeply focussed to rewrite the rules between Books and Technology by using smart tech experiences to build personal children’s books.
The company have carved a new space for themselves by using tech to build a product that after the experience will print published and sold the customer – they have already sold over 1.5 million books in the UK and they have recently launched the next product which is gaining tons of new customers – The vision of the company is to grow this into new markets around the world and also release more fun books using cutting edge tech.
The Role as Digital Design Director
As the Design Director you will be hands on designing and building every element of the Digital customer touch points which include, the way customers see the brand/products, the ecommerce site, post purchase experiences and fresh new product ideas.
The role will be directly managing and mentoring a team of 2 UI Designers and working with a team of Front End developers and a team of other creatives – There is also an opportunity to grow the team throughout the year as products and the scale of the business develops– The role is very hands on that will require experimenting and prototyping new ideas and truly hacking design problems to capture how a customer work and what will make them use the products, love the brand, and want to come back! In short you will be the Go to Person when it comes to Digital Design
Sounds like a big and awesome design challenge right?
Key day-to-day tasks of the Visual Designer are:
- Being very hands on and leading by example – having Fun with making and building new ideas and bringing them to life.
- Working alongside a team of Creatives and Techs to refine features of the existing product and work on new products.
- Own the Creative Direction and create new visions of where the brand can go to.
- Strategize with other Directors and Exec Teams.
You will be passionate about tech products and understand how to design for them – You have the ability to hack into design problems, taking them apart and rebuilding to make the product that extra bit special. As a key member of the Design team you will share the customer’s passion for bespoke books using technology, coupled with a solid understanding of interaction design.
Key attributes of the Design Director will include:
- Portfolio demonstrating your UI design Skills (specifically in mobile and responsive web)
- Previous experience in Developing Digital Design Language for a Product.
- Contributed in developing new workflows and coming up with new innovative ways of working smarter
- Hiring and building a team of awesome designers.
- Experience with designing on high traffic websites (a bonus would be ecommerce sites)
Does this sound like a role you can see yourself in? Then I would love to hear from you. Please click apply button attaching a cover letter, CV and Portfolio to move you forward to the next stages of the application.