Design Director / Experience Director for Strategic Transformation Agency
Design Director for Strategic Transformation Agency in Central London – £65,000-£75,000
Based in Central London, this award-winning digital agency is strategy led and are centred on delivering innovative customer experiences.
They are a tight-knit team of 60 passionate individuals, who are committed to working smartly together to communicate and deliver amazing service design, design thinking and design strategy to their international clients.
They are constantly striving to implement their digital expertise via intelligent research methodologies, confident leadership and passion for achieving the best possible outcome. They work on a huge range of projects such as digital transformations for well-known brands, to creating a high-end digital presence for boutique businesses around the UK.
The Role as Design Director
The design team needs a fresh and proactive leader to drive the success of the fast-paced design team, made up of 6-8 people from a range of disciplines such as UX design, visual design and service design. As a result, this role requires a solid background and knowledge in these aspects of design, and how to best manage, delegate, and nurture the development of the team.
The day-to-day responsibilities of this exciting role are quite broad- no day will be the same. For example, you will be:
- Facilitating workshops of up to 30 people, and be able to translate the findings into concise theoretical and practical findings
- Thoughtfully identify and translate key insights from design research into a viable process for clients
- Draw from extensive experience to create proposals and pitches for multiple projects
- Be the face of the design team and be directly involved in the future direction of the agency.
You will be confident in your agency, design and management experience, and be able to draw from this to shape and grow the design team and the agency as a whole. You will have extensive experience in working in a vibrant and Agile workplace and be able to have the skills to wear many hats within the business. Passion for design as a whole and the ability to connect with your team and clients is a must!
Along with these attributes, you will also possess the following:
- Be able to interpret research and structure findings into a proposal with clarity and purpose
- While overseeing projects, be able to plan, structure and discuss both the smaller details and the big picture vision
- Be strategic driven- approaching every project with the user in mind, and challenging every decision that is not led by insight
- Great communication skills- you will be comfortable in pitching to clients, presenting your findings and ideas, and running workshops in an engaging way.
- Ideally, you would be involved with the design community, such as attending and speaking at local events.
If this sounds like you, Apply Now with your CV and portfolio.