Creative technologist for Pioneering VOD service
Creative technologist for Video-on-demand Start-up in Central London – £55000 - £65000
A pioneering sport VOD start-up are looking for a Creative Technologist to join the team
A smart sports-focused video on demand start-up are looking for a Creative Technologist to work closely with their UX function to shape, test and build future iterations of this pioneering streaming service. They are building a single platform to enable you to watch sports content from all the different competitions of your favourite sports (football, tennis, cricket) in one place. They’re a start-up of 30 people under the umbrella of a well-established media group, giving you the best of both worlds, ownership and fluidity of a start-up along with the financial stability, security and resource of a multimillion pound organisation.
The Role as Creative technologist
As a Creative Technologist you’ll be focusing predominantly on the UI of the experience, prototyping new additions of the product working as an extension to the Design team. You’re a Design aware developer who’s the technical aspect of the creative function, building both lo and hi-fi prototypes quickly so that different options can be explored, and user-tested. You have control over how you build and what tools you use, with knowledge of limitations and advantages of the different technologies out there. Once approved you oversee production ensuring it works as intended once implemented.
As a Creative technologist you are/have:
- A senior level technologist with experience of delivering iterations to a product
- Experience building responsive and Cross-platform apps
- Experience building rich, usable web interactions that can scale to production.
- Passion for modern web development technologies, techniques and methodologies.
- Ruby, NodeJS
- Able to interpret business requirements regarding data architecture, database technology and data model
- Design-Awareness and understanding of UX principles
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- An excellent communicator, able to present technical concepts
- Experience building prototypes for user testing and research
- Experience working in a lean and agile design environment
If you’d like to find out more, please APPLY now with your CV and a link to your github or portolio.