Business Development Director for a Service Design & UX Consultancy
Business Development Director for a Service Design & UX Consultancy in Central London – £50,000 - £100,000 + package
Our client is a Service Design & UX Consultancy who are hiring a Business Development Director who will be responsible for identifying new opportunities for the agency and bringing in new clients.
The Business Development Director will report to the Managing Director and work closely with the Head of Client Services to lead the London-based client services team. This position is a key role within this boutique organisation who work with major clients ranging from gaming to finance as you support the sales activities of the business.
We are looking for an outgoing candidate with over 8 years experience in business development and client engagement within a creative agency, innovation consultancy or design firm. Developing client relationships across the firms’ portfolio of clients based in the UK and overseas you will generate new revenue streams for the business through strategic prospecting for client opportunities within UX and Service Design.
You should have a good understanding of the UX process from research to wireframing and have an ability to speak to prospects at a level they will respect in order to bring in pre-qualified leads. This knowledge of UX and service design is imperative to selling the services of the consultancy to the highest levels of prospect businesses. Demonstratable experience of developing a new business pipeline across large organisations and successfully securing design projects.
- Take ownership of the agency’s Business Development function, responsible for the creation and execution of new business plans including prospecting, engaging targets, writing proposals and closing new business opportunities.
- Articulate and secure large-scale design projects.
- Work towards monthly sales targets and developing the company’s sales pipeline.
- Take briefs, pitch new business proposals and pitch to c-level execs.
- Able to effectively gain a complete understanding of prospect clients businesses in order to sell them custom built solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, you are able to build trust and relationships at the highest level with new contacts.
Skills and Experience
- Proven track record of winning high-value design and creative work for big brands in the UK.
- At least 8 years experience in a relevant business development and client services position
- Previous experience of delivering annual sales targets of £1m+
- Service Design / UX / Innovation agency background
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills