Art Director/Lead Designer – Strategic Experience Agency
Art Director/Lead Designer for Strategic Experience Agency in Manchester – £60,000 - £70,000
Agile Research Experience Hub seeks an Art Director to humanise their designs.
With offices in over 10 countries worldwide, they are rapidly becoming one of the most prestigious consultancies in the UK. They specialise in building services and products that impact businesses and users alike in using an agile approach in their design solutions. Working in small eco-systems they create and build products for a variety of A-list clients in arrange of sectors from Government, healthcare, Automotive and many more.
They have a reputation for providing 360 full digital services and bringing value to their clients at every stage of a digital project: from the initial consulting, development and optimization of every changing digital platforms for businesses.
Having recently opened offices in Manchester they are now seeking an Art Director to come on board and help evolve the creative team.
The Role as Art Director/Lead Designer
The Art Director will be reporting into the Head of Design so for the first year of the role you will be leading the creative direction of a re-brand for one of the biggest transportation companies in the UK. This is a huge project designing from the ground up. It will be responsibility of the Art Director to firstly create the style and brand guidelines across all platforms including Mobile and wearable apps.
You will be working in an agile, collaborative environment working closely with Developers where you will be creating designs that think about the user and their overall experience and journey and how you can incorporate that in to beautiful UI. Your designs will be tested and put in front of stakeholders, you will be expected to have regular meetings with the clients to ensure expectations are being met.
The Key day to day tasks of the Art Director include
- Create stunning and functional UI
- Creating concepts, mood boards
- Creating style and brand guidelines
- Client facing, having regular meeting with Stakeholders ensuring expectations are being met
- Mentoring other designers and contributing consistent feedback and guidance to other team members.
You have a talent and passion for design, typography and information design, you have the experience and knowledge to explain your designs when questioned as you truly have a deep understanding of product design. Your Designs have the WOW factor and you have a great eye for detail and you want to work collaboratively and learn from seasoned designers.
Key attributes of the Visual Designer will include:
- Have the ability to be confident in delivering and presenting your designs to different stakeholders
- Proven experience in creating high quality visual designs for mobile, desktop and touch screen devices.
- Excited about design – Switched on and passionate about all things creative especially a focus on usable designs.
- The ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Mobile focused having designed on both iOS and Android
- Ideal agency experience but not essential.
This is a role for a candidate that wants to get involved in a creative business and wants to work in a very collaborative environment
If this sounds like you I would love to hear from you – Please click apply for more details and to apply for this position.