Agile Product Manager for a .Gov, 6 month contract based in Sheffield
Agile Product Manager for for a government organisation based in Sheffield in Sheffield – £350 - £400 per day
We are hiring an Agile Product Manager to lead a multidisciplinary team of researchers, designers, developers and stakeholder contacts on the creation of high quality software systems and web services for a .Gov organisation based in Sheffield. This is a chance to build products which will reach millions of users over the course of their lifetimes.
- Responsible for the delivery, success and continuous improvement of digital products which can be public facing or internal systems and tools.
- Lead one or more multidisciplinary agile teams to deliver excellent products and iterations to existing products to meet the needs of the end users.
- Support the development of digital capability within the organisation.
- Conduct customer and product discovery to define the ecosystem, understand and redesign user journeys develop user personas and to create a product vision based on those findings.
- Being actively involved with the wider organisation, and be the key interface between their team and stakeholders in the business, especially the ability to engage with stakeholders who are unfamiliar with agile.
- Delivery at pace, with a commitment to agile and continuous iterative development.
Skills and Experience
- Experience as a product manager in the principles and application of agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban and Lean Startup.
- Strong visual and verbal communication skills, tailored to the needs of the audience.
- The ability to passionately pursue a vision and articulate it to a wide audience, from team members to Director level and to facilitate collaborative and engaging sessions with staff from all levels of seniority.
- Manage team dynamics effectively when working across departmental and other boundaries.
- The ability to evaluate and solve problems creatively and laterally when needed, using appropriate evidence and data over instinct wherever possible to inform product decisions.
- A positive and resilient character. There are many competing stakeholder interests, so tenacity is required to ensure that an appropriate balance of stakeholder needs is achieved.
- A strong focus on gathering, using and sharing research to discover and understand the needs of users, and to gain a wider perspective of the landscape surrounding activities and policies.
- The ability to identify warning signs quickly and to provide decisive responses to emerging significant delivery challenges.
- Demonstrable experience in developing and communicating a coherent product roadmap and strategy.