A Mid-Senior UX Designer For A Niche & Innovative Online Market Place
Mid-Senior UX Designer for Online Market Place in Central London – Up to £70,000
If you are a Mid Weight UX designer with over 4 years E-commerce experience who is looking to take the next step in your career by working on a range of exciting projects that will not just develop your skills as a UX designer, but also make your portfolio really stand out then this could be the role for you!
Our client is among the top 5 largest holiday home rental companies in the world and has also been voted within the top 50 online travel websites by a popular UK newspaper. Based in beautiful open place offices in the heart of London, this company offer a great work culture and benefits. They currently have a very product strong team and are now looking to develop their design team, so you will be involved in future hires for the business. They currently have hundreds of thousands users, with a 4* rating on the android play store but they are really looking to take it up a notch and create even better user centred designs. They currently do not have a sole UX team so this would be a great opportunity for you to really shape the role and use your past experience to create a fantastic product.
The Role as Mid-Senior UX Designer
This role will see you redesigning the whole of the current website in small stages to make it full responsive as it currently only has selected responsive pages. They have a 2 year plan that will see you redesign the full back office part of the website as well as creating as the native app. They currently do not facilitate any user research so this will be down to you in any format that you wish.
This role will involve:
- Taking a project through the full UX life cycle from conceptual development, to user testing your product
- Working at 80:20 UX to UI ratio
- Taking full responsibility of the user research & UX designs
- Keeping an eye on trends throughout the website & making adaptions based on your findings.
For this role it is important to have experience working across the full UX life-cycle for an e-commerce website preferably in-house. You will be confident enough to completely take ownership of full projects and able to work both collaboratively as well as on your own within time frames whilst still creating the best user centred designs.
- A great portfolio with both the UX process and end design
- Proven history of making existing web applications responsive
- An ability get involved in the conceptual stages of a project and experience of strategic thinking.
- 4+ years’ experience working on e-commerce projects
- Previous UI experience and a great eye for detail